Certification is more than an examination or an assessment – it is a process.
It is independent verifiable proof of proficiency in specialty pharmacy management duties in a variety of practice settings.
Specialty pharmacists must have transferrable skills to compete for the best jobs.
The Certified Specialty Pharmacist Credential is designed to:
- Validate your professional expertise
- Elevate the status of the specialty pharmacy profession
- Differentiate yourself in a competitive job market
- Position yourself for handling limited or exclusively distributed drugs
- Position yourself to better serve payer requirements
- Protect the public by improving their health outcomes and reducing medication errors.
What does the Credential do for Pharmacists?
- Ensures that pharmacists are receiving the correct balance of specialty pharmacy educational programming to improve their performance and knowledge
- Answers the unmet needs of the specialty pharmacy industry by responding to the rapidly changing needs of the specialty pharmacist to serve their patients
- Recognizes pharmacists for their educational achievements
- Provides a career-long learning path that recognizes, as well as tracks proficiency areas
Specialty Pharmacy Certification Board™ (SPCB™) Establishes Code of Conduct, Eligibility Requirements and Fees for Certified Specialty Pharmacist™ (CSP™) Program
Tampa, FL, May 8, 2013 -- The Specialty Pharmacy Certification Board™ (SPCB™) announced today that it has established essential policies for the Certified Specialty Pharmacist™ (CSP™) credential including the code of conduct, eligibility requirements, recertification requirements and fees.Read more...
Specialty Pharmacy Certification Board (SPCB) Approves Content for Certified Specialty Pharmacist (CSP) Certification Exam
Tampa, FL, May 7, 2013 -- The Specialty Pharmacy Certification Board (SPCB) announced today that it has approved the exam content outline for the Certified Specialty Pharmacist (CSP) certification examination. SPCB will offer the CSP exam to eligible candidates in October 2013.Read more...